The official source of information about the sport of Cowboy Mounted Shooting in Saskatchewan.
2017 AGM MEETING
Date: Saturday January 21, 2017
Time: AGM Meeting Starts at 2:00 PM
Board of Director Meeting to directly follow AGM
Dinner at 5:00 PM Awards at 6:30 PM
Clubhouse available until 12:00 Midnight
Bar service is available ‐$3 per drink or beer/bring your own wine
Location: 32 Cassie Bay (Tesco Clubhouse in the RM of Sherwood)
North of Regina – just off No.6 Highway
1. Meeting called to order by President
2. Identification of Members
3. Reading and disposal of minutes
4. Report of offices and committees
5. Moving year end date closer to CMSA year end – Brenda K
6. Election/re‐election of officers as of Jan 2016 AGM meeting. If you or someone you
know is interested in the following positions, be prepared to enter a nomination. Secret
ballots will determine the successful nominee.
President – currently Cain Quam – will let his name stand or will assume past president
Position if defeated
Secretary – currently Tom Hakl – will let his name stand
Two Director Positions are up for election. If Cain Quam is unsuccessful he will take the
Past President Position then only one Director Position will be up for election.
Director ‐ currently Brenda Sapergia ‐ will let her name stand
Director ‐ currently Chris Epp – will let his name stand
Treasurer – Brenda Kwiatkowski has indicated she wants to step down. This will be a
one year term in order to keep the position in sync with our election cycle.
7. Unfinished business
8. One day beginner clinics to bring more active shooters into the organization
9. Acknowledgement of Volunteers and Awards
10. Formation of Volunteer Acknowledgement Committee – to decide on
11. Discuss possibility of introduction of Horse of the year and Rookie of the year for 2018
12. Draw 4 names for possible SHF prizes (only if SCMSA decides to participle and its ticket
or tickets win on draw in the fall)
13. New Business
14. Set date of next AGM meeting
1. In regards to Agenda item 12. ONLY IF SCMSA DECIDES TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SHF
RAFFLE. All members attending the AGM will have their names entered into a draw. All
SHF cash prizes will be returned to SCMSA.
2. Chinese food will be ordered around 2:00 PM. The total will be divided by the number
of people in attendance. Expect to pay between $25 and $30 for the meal
3. Our event is held at a private club at no cost to us. Please treat it with respect. Your
help would be appreciated after the event to tidy up.
Directions from Saskatoon:
1. Take Pasqua Street Exit on No.11 highway
2. Turn Left on Pasqua Street (north)
3. Turn right on Amour Road (east)
4. Turn left on No.6 Highway (north)
5. Turn right on Industrial Drive (east)
6. Turn first left on No.6 Highway service road ( not marked – north)
7. Turn right on Cassie Bay (east)
8. Go to end of Cassie Bay – 32 Cassie Bay – Tesco Clubhouse is building with no windows
See you there!!!!