The official source of information about the sport of Cowboy Mounted Shooting in Saskatchewan.
"Friends, neighbors, comrades, brothers and sisters!" You are cordially invited to eat cow and drink beer with us!
We are holding a steak night July 30th @ 6:00 p.m. to support our Saskatoon Boomtown Showdown competition scheduled for September 26th and 27th.There will also be door prizes and a silent auction.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for tickets.
The SCMSA did a demo during Arab show held at Prairieland in Saskatoon!
The crowd was enthusiastic and made themselves heard as they cheered the riders on.
Volunteers for the demo included Jayne Woods, Debbie O'Neail, Jayne
Bullin, Brenda Sapergia, Phil Bullin, Phil Woods, and Brenda
Great job everyone!
3rd annual Trails End CMSA Shootout!
Results: (Right click links for options to Save or open in a new Tab)
Congratulations to all of our competitors!
Congratulations go to Lisa McKenzie for winning the coveted SCMSA Incentive buckle!
Main Match overall:
Rifle and shotgun overall:
All results by stage:
See pdf poster: SCMSA-Trails-End-2015-Event-Poster
See PDF poster: Kenda_Lenseigne_Clinic_Trails-End-2015
* Everyone is personally responsible to ensure they are in compliance with all firearms rules and regulations. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Regulations are subject to change. These tips are just a high level overview that is meant to point you in the right direction.
Tips for U.S. (and international) Mounted Shooters competing in Canada
U.S. and international competitors that wish to bring their guns to Canadian competitions have to apply for a Non-Resident Declaration and a Short Term Authorization to Transport in addition to a valid passport and a letter of invitation from the mounted shooting club.
* The Non-Resident Declaration application (form 909) - A non-resident must complete this application prior to arriving at the Border Crossing. The non-resident should not sign the application until they are in front of a customs officer. The 909 acts as a firearms license and registration for each gun that is being imported into Canada. 909-RCMP_5589_-_Eng_Non_resident_firearms_declaration
* The 910 Continuation application - Is only required if a non-resident is bringing more than 3 firearms into Canada.910-RCMP_5590_-_Eng_Non_resident_firearms_declaration_continuation
* Non-resident Short Term Authorization to Transport (ST ATT). This application must be completed and sent to the Provincial Chief Firearms Officer as soon as possible. Processing times vary, so do not delay in submitting this form. Even if the Chief Firearms Officer issues the ST ATT, non-resident entry to Canada rests with the Canadian Border Services Agency. Request_for_Non-Resident_ATT
Contact a Chief Firearms Officer: 1 800-731-4000 (for Canada and the United States)
Canadian Firearms Program: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm
Saskatchewan Chief Firearms Officer
Room 310, 1783 Hamilton Street
Regina, SK S4P 2B6
Fax: (306) 780-7400
The address for ST ATT needs to include a mailing address and the land location when applicable.
Host Club: http://www.saskcowboymountedshooting.com/
The committees are buzzing and trigger fingers are getting itchy!
We are planning for CMSA shoots on the following dates:
Regina, SK - "Pile O Bones CMSA Classic" - November 28th, 2015 - Results are posted on CmsaEvents.com
EXCITING NEWS! Saskatoon, SK - We are launching what could be the biggest shoot Saskatchewan has ever seen!! Indoors at the Prairie Land Center (NICE venue!) September 26 and 27. Details TBA
**I apologize if any sponsors are missing from this list! Please email email@example.com to make corrections.
* Please refer to the attached arrival plan and documentation for Friday November 28th.
* Registration is between 5 and 8 pm Friday night on the main floor of barn 6. Call Cain (306-424-7955) if you are going to be late or if you won’t be able to register in person. There will be no changes or additions to entries after 8 pm Friday night.
We are very grateful to everyone for supporting this competition! We can't wait to see everyone there!
With CAIN QUAM
DATE: NOVEMBER 21-23, 2014
LOCATION: Prairieland Park Ag Centre, 503 Ruth Street West, Saskatoon, SK.
COST: $425 (plus gst)
Introductory & Advanced
Ø Clinic will commence at 9:00 am & will conclude by 4:00 pm on Sunday.
Participants who wish to shoot must hold a current PAL, SHF membership
and SCMSA membership.
Ø Cost includes stabling Thursday night to Sunday evening (extra nights $20).
Ø Shavings available @ $7.00/bag, NO straw; please bring water pail; stalls must
left clean prior to departure.
Ø Limited number of participants.
Ø DEADLINE: November 8, 2014
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Brenda Sapergia, Livestock Manager
Saskatoon Prairieland Park
Tel: (306) 931-7149 Fax: (306) 931-7886